NYA is excited to launch a brand new CPD module on Trauma Informed Practice. This new module has been created to help youth workers gain a greater understanding of trauma and how it affects mental and emotional wellbeing. The module provides tools and reflection space for youth workers to enable them to better support young people in this area. This module has been informed by 42nd Street’s Practice Paper written for NYA’s Routes to Success Programme in 2021.
Key components of the module include:
- Learning about trauma and understand responses to trauma
- Information about Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACE’s) and the impact on young people
- Why trauma affects our mental and emotional wellbeing
- Understanding responses to trauma and how to respond
- The importance of Regulation and how to support young people
- How to recognise and respond to the signs of compassion fatigue or burnout
Throughout the course there will be reflective points, for youth workers to understand how trauma impacts on young people and the community. Click below to access the course.