Criteria for Tailored Support
The NYA as part of its ongoing work with the Local Government Association, supported by top-sliced funding for local authorities, is offering a FREE tailored support programme which will work with a limited number of councils on specific issues. This includes consultancy advice, training and peer support, in a progressively bespoke way to meet individual circumstances. NYA will work intensively with a number of councils per year who meet the set criteria, at no cost to them.
What will it entail?
The NYA will offer your council a maximum 10 days of consultancy support FREE, inclusive of travel, administration and the initial scoping meeting, under one of the themes below. It will be delivered by the NYA support team made up from internal staff and Associates with a vast experience of organisational development working with councils. An initial scoping teleconference and visit will be made to determine what is needed.
The tailored support is centred on a number of specific issues as follows:
Menu of opportunities
- Support in re-designing your young peoples services
- Enabling effective commissioning
- Improving quality and cost effectiveness
- Workforce development and re-design / re-configuration
- Peer to peer review and development
- Developing an outcomes framework
- Partnership working
- Engaging young people in decision making
- Policy advice re Positive for Youth
What will be your commitment?
- Your council will want to work with the NYA on one of the above themes
- A lead Senior Manager will be identified to negotiate and facilitate the support package
- You will obtain DCS or ADCS involvement and sign off
- you will commit to a tailored support package lasting between 4-6 months
- You will agree to join and participate on the Community of Practice (CoP) about your progress and issues raised and share learning
- You will contribute to a case study at the end of the support package which will also be used on the CoP
- You will send a representative to the LGA/NYA Conference in January 2013
How can you access this support?
There is a very simple on-line expression of interest form to complete which will ask you about the current position of your service and what you want from the consultancy. The support packages will commence in either April or September to ensure that there is enough time to complete the work this financial year.
Please send applications on the form below to Alex Stutz , which will be considered against set criteria by the team at NYA.
Application Deadline: 10 September 2012