NYA is running a pilot with a cohort of young apprentices to improve retention levels of young people on apprenticeships. The pilot is based in West Yorkshire. We are looking for two JNC qualified and experienced youth workers who will support young people embarking on apprenticeships.
The youth workers will:
- Adopt the role of mentor, motivator, facilitator.
- Deliver high quality 1-2-1 holistic and sustained support.
- Identify support options to address difficulties within the workplace, training provider and home life that might be acting as a barrier to engagement.
- Nurture the personal development of the apprentice.
- Provide advice and help to enable parents/carers to support the young person in making the transition into work.
- Celebrate the success with a ‘graduation’ event.
We are recruiting two posts; 1 x Level 6 Professional Youth Worker and 1 x Level 3 Youth Support Worker. The T&C’s are yet to be finalised but will be in the region of at least 15 hours per week for each worker (with flexibility needed to support the apprentices out of normal work hours). The pilot will run from the end of September through to mid-end November.
If you are interested, please register with Lisa Putnam. We will send you a full job description once it has been developed and you will be required to fill out an application form to apply.